Encounter some of Africa’s most iconic natural wonders on this 15-day Lonely Planet Experience, powered by Intrepid. Safari across the vast Serengeti savanna and the floors of Ngorongoro Crater in search of the Big Five, then conquer Africa’s highest peak on an epic trek to the summit of Mt Kilimanjaro. This is a trip for active travellers who appreciate the bounty of nature – get ready for thrills, challenges and self discovery on a journey that takes you through the literal highs and lows of Kenya and Tanzania.
- Explore the Serengeti National Park in depth, with two early-morning and two late-afternoon game drives through this spectacular wildlife arena
- Take a mind-blowing safari across the floor of the Ngorongoro Crater in an open-roof 4WD for a chance to see the endangered black rhinoceros
- We include an acclimatisation day at Horombo Hut to give you the best chance of reaching the summit.
- Travelling with experienced guides, the best of the mountain, and porters, you'll be in good hands, with one guide for every two passengers.
- Rest up in comfort by night sleeping in mountain huts along the way.
- Hike Kilimanjaro's climactic last stretch by lamplight and give yourself as much chance as possible to watch a sunrise over icefields from behind Africa’s highest peak.
- We’re an official partner with the Kilimanjaro Porters Assistance Project. Hike easier knowing that while our porters are taking care of you, there’s someone looking out for them.