Take an East African road trip with Lonely Planet and Intrepid. Spend nine days searching for wildlife among Tanzania’s incredible scenery, from the remote Usambara Mountains to the vast expanse of the Serengeti. Go on game drives in search of lions, elephants and rhinos, and experience small-town life during village stays, crafting and cooking sessions. This overland adventure is all about being as close to nature and wildlife as possible – camping in the wild, watching animals you’ve only ever seen on TV in the flesh and going without wi-fi most nights.
- Explore the Serengeti, a wildlife arena like no other, and look for lions, leopards, elephants and giraffes in this iconic park.
- Spend a day with local women in Arusha, learning to prepare a Swahili dish, crafting and learning about village life in Kisongo.
- Take a mind-blowing safari across the floor of the Ngorongoro Crater in an open-roof 4WD vehicle for a chance to see endangered black rhinoceros.
- Embark on a hike through the Usambara Mountains to the Irente viewpoint, then stop at a farm on the way back for a picnic lunch.
- Accompanied by a local crew — a leader, driver and cook – you'll be in excellent hands for the duration of your adventure.