Take an East African road trip and spend nine days searching for wildlife among Tanzania’s incredible scenery, from the remote Usambara Mountains to the vast expanse of the Serengeti. Go on game drives in search of lions, elephants and rhinos, and experience small-town life during village stays, crafting and cooking sessions. This overland adventure is all about being as close to nature and wildlife as possible – camping in the wild, watching animals you’ve only ever seen on TV in the flesh and going without wi-fi most nights.
- Explore the Serengeti, a wildlife arena like no other, and look for lions, leopards, elephants and giraffes in this iconic park.
- Learn to prepare a Swahili dish, crafting and learning about village life in Mto wa Mbu.
- Take a mind-blowing safari across the floor of the Ngorongoro Crater in an open-roof 4WD vehicle for a chance to see endangered black rhinoceros.
- Embark on a hike through the Usambara Mountains to the Irente viewpoint, then stop at a farm on the way back for a picnic lunch.
- Tour a local coffee farm in Karatu village to see the innovative farming practices from the locals, then tuck into a traditional dinner cooked by a local Tanzanian family in their home.
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll learn about our Intrepid Foundation partner, the East African Wildlife Society. Donations help them protect endangered wildlife, support conservation and promote sustainable management of natural resources in East Africa. Intrepid will double the impact by dollar-matching all post-trip donations made to The Intrepid Foundation.