Discover living history, rippling desert landscapes and seaside bliss on this 12-day tour through under-the-radar Tunisia. Wander through waterfront medinas where the scent of jasmine floats on the sea breeze. Explore World Heritage-listed Roman ruins without the crowds they normally attract. Hike over sand dunes and under craggy mountains. Feast on spicy Tunisian cuisine, which blends the staples favoured by the nomadic peoples of North African with Italian and Spanish flavours. From vast stretches of pink-hued salt lakes to turquoise coast and palm-fringed oases – this tour reveals the diverse sides of this little-visited Mediterranean jewel.
- Wander the largest medina in North Africa in Tunis, navigating the twisting alleyways to discover tiny stores overflowing with goods, ancient mosques and bustling squares.
- Explore the incredible remains of Dougga, a Roman city (built on a Namibian city) with dozens of standing columns, an impressive amphitheatre and a mausoleum built 2200 years ago.
- Go underground into the subterranean homes of Matmata, where a central sunken courtyard leads to cave-like rooms carved from sandstone.
- Trek through the Sahara Desert with Berber guides, then settle in at a desert camp to watch the sunset over the epic sea of dunes.
- Vast salt lakes, the palm-fringed respite of desert oases, rocky coastlines lapped by azure water – Tunisia has a wealth of incredible landscapes.