A close encounter with gentle giants on a gorilla safari in Uganda is an extraordinary experience that will always stay with you – and it’s just one of the many wildlife sightings this unforgettable trip. Roam the verdant plains, rainforests, papyrus-fringed lakes and acacia woodlands of Kenya and Uganda’s game parks, from Queen Elizabeth National Park to the Masai Mara Reserve. Spot lions, rhinos, chimps, antelopes, hippos, leopards and more in their natural habitats. The staggeringly beautiful African landscape will provide memories that last a lifetime.
- With permits included in your trip, take a trek through Uganda's steamy forests to seek out rare mountain gorillas and spend an unforgettable hour in their presence with the help of expert Rangers and trackers.
- Head out on an early evening game drive in Lake Nakuru National Park, which is particularly famous for its rhino population.
- Spend a few days at your own pace in Jinja, which can be a relaxing riverside retreat or an adrenaline-pumping adventure capital - depending on your mood.
- Look out for lions, cheetahs, elephants, giraffes and more as an expert driver guide take you on a 4WD adventure through the incredible Masai Mara National Reserve for a full-day game drive.
- Meet the Maasai people known for their vibrant red dress and elaborate jewellery and gain an insight into the culture and ancient ways of this proud East African community.
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, Gorilla Doctors. Donations help them care for injured mountain and Grauer's gorillas – contributing to the long-term sustainability of gorilla populations.