Unlock the mysteries of Africa’s eastern lands on a 20-day Lonely Planet Experience from Zimbabwe to Zanzibar. Passing through Zambia, Malawi and Tanzania, visit fertile national parks, remote highland communities, savannas with endless horizons and the sparkling Indian ocean coastline. Safari past lion and zebra herds in South Luangwa National Park, watch local fisherman haul in their daily catch on Lake Malawi, and wind up on the idyllic shores of Zanzibar’s northern beaches in search of a seafood curry and sundowner. Your African adventure sets the pace, with plenty of time to make your adventure special through independent activities, plus a local crew joining you each step of the way to give you all the local low-down. If safaris, sea breezes and a zest for exploration are your thing, jump aboard this overland adventure to the wilds of East Africa.
- Experience the rumble and roar of Victoria Falls from the Zimbabwe side, which gives you the broadest view. You'll have the opportunity to see the cascades from multiple angles, perhaps treating yourself to an unforgettable scenic flight.
- Explore the largest ruins in sub-Saharan Africa – the World Heritage-listed Great Zimbabwe – said to once be home to a Zimbabwean monarch!
- Visit the Victoria Falls Wildlife Trust to learn about the rehabilitation of wildlife from poaching and get the chance to meet some rescued or orphaned wildlife currently in their care.
- Discover the magic of South Luangwa National Park on a morning game drive. This park is a highly concentrated arena of noble African beasts and exotic wildflowers.
- Accompanied by a local crew – a leader, driver and cook – you'll be in excellent hands for the duration of your adventure.