Canada is stunning any time of the year, especially in winter, so why not fulfil all your snow-covered fantasies in the Rockies? This action-packed trip is winter at its best, with hearty Canadian food and cosy lodging to satisfy the most seasoned traveller. Hike past rugged mountain ranges, try some cross-country skiing, skate on a lake in Invermere and see frozen waterfalls at Grotto Canyon. You’ll have the chance to travel the world-famous Icefields Parkway and hike the Athabasca Glacier, and soak in a natural hot spring amongst the forests in the Columbia Valley. Learn a thing or two about curling and hockey – two proudly Canadian sports – from the pros in Canmore, and dine on Canadian favourites in Lake Louise. Keep warm because this 10-day Rockies winter adventure is frosty. Seriously frosty.
- See for yourself why the Icefields Parkway is considered one of the world’s most beautiful drives – a stretch of road that winds past soaring mountain peaks, lakes, valleys and waterfalls.
- Experience a special group hike through a closed ski area at the secluded Fortress Mountain – a filming site for many Hollywood blockbuster films.
- Go on two ice walks at Grotto and Johnston canyons, past frozen waterfalls, icy rock formations and possibly a few daredevil ice climbers.
- Put on all the gear and get competitive in ice hockey. The pros will show you the ropes, then you’ll get the chance to test out your new skills against them!
- Consider a rare opportunity to glide over the snow with a pack of husky dogs on an optional dog sledding tour, from trusted and vetted companies.