Colombia is one of those gems of South America that still is often skipped on the tourist trail. Be captivated by Bogota’s colonial-era centre, laze on palm-fringed stretches of Caribbean shoreline and meet the locals that make Colombia one of the world’s friendliest countries on this 10-day South American adventure. While Tayrona National Park and the Guachaca region offer gorgeous hiking trails, off-track swimming holes and powdery beaches nestled in lush jungle, eye-catching towns like Barichara are a dream to explore, and adrenaline-fuelled San Gil is just moments away. For an off-track trip in that’s full of rhythm, music, colour and life, Explore Colombia is right up there with the best of them.
- Wander beneath the floral balconies of Cartagena – the World Heritage-listed town combining Caribbean splendour and irresistible old-world charm.
- Tayrona National Park is a nature escape that seems to have it all, from perfect beaches and mountain backdrops to wildlife-filled jungle.
- Admire the colonial-era architecture of Barichara – this little gem is widely considered Colombia's prettiest town. Get lost on the cobblestone streets or head to nearby San Gil – a hotspot for adventure sports.
- Head to a local factory supporting women in work and keeping alive a traditional paper-making method by using the natural fibres of the Andean fique plant.
- Stay in the vibrant Chapinero neighbourhood in Bogota, one of the most culturally diverse parts of town.