You’ll be hard-pressed finding a country that can provide all the goods of a true cultural crusade – ancient ruins to explore, alluring beaches to swim at, local food to indulge in, lively cities to discover, and plenty of time to travel at your own pace. Get the low-down of everything Turkish on this 15-day essentials adventure from Istanbul, through the peaceful Gallipoli peninsula, acclaimed Ephesus, traditional Selcuk, seaside Fethiye, attractive Antalya and the real highlight of quirky Cappadocia. With a coastal cruise, homestay experience and knowledgeable local leaders all thrown in, what’s not to like about tantalising Turkey?
- Eat, swim, sunbake, repeat – that’s what will happen when you get cruising along Turkey’s Mediterranean coastline. The choice is yours if you’d like to go exploring, or just relax on deck.
- Thought all the best Roman ruins were in Italy? Think again! Turkey is home to one of the best-preserved classical of Ephesus – so discover it just like Anthony and Cleopatra did 2000 years ago.
- Take a group hike from the deserted ghost town of Karakoy over the hills to check out the stunning Blue Lagoon – your group leader will know all the spots to go to get the best vantage points.
- The weird and wonderful world of Cappadocia might be the most unusual place in Turkey. Learn all about its fairy chimneys and sprawling rock formations from your expert local leaders.
- The thriving metropolis of Istanbul is where East literally meets West. With the option to extend your stay here, you’ve got the power to continue your Turkish escapade right away!