Head on a jungle-jaunting and city-slicking adventure, from Quito to Lima. This nine-day Lonely Planet Experience gets you straight into the action – crashing waterfalls, jungle thickets, steaming hot springs, colourful markets and colonial architecture. Test yourself on a rainforest hike and canoeing experience along the Arajuno River, learn chocolate-making with your local hosts at an Amazon community lodge, and down as many pisco sours and ceviche as you can handle. With local knowledge along the way and freedom to explore vibrant city neighbourhoods and create your own independent adventures, this slice of South America is yearning for adventure.
- Admire the colonial architecture and bustling plazas of Quito's World Heritage-listed Old Town as you join your small group on a leader-led orientation walk around this high-flying capital.
- Discover the heart of Ecuador’s Amazon as you take a boat to a community lodge deep in the rainforest. Your welcoming hosts will introduce you to their way of life as you get a true insight into local living.
- Banos is a hotspot for volcanoes, hot springs and waterfalls, and with plenty of time to explore at your own pace you'll get to experience everyhing you can handle in this adventure lover’s dream location.
- Immerse yourself in nature on a guided hike through the Amazon rainforest, spotting the unique insects and birdlife that call this precious ecosystem home.
- Head out on a city tour of Lima, visiting Miraflores and downtown, and join the Peruvian nightlife in the neighbourhood of Barranco, perhaps sipping cervezas with your newfound travel pals.