From tropical cloud forests alive with jungle melodies to vast freshwater lakes and active volcanoes, this pocket of Central America is a pure, unrefined paradise. Whether you’re relaxing beneath shaggy palms on a dark-sand beach in El Cuco, spotting colourful birds perched on the colonial facades of Suchitoto, standing in the shadow of mighty Arenal Volcano or spotting sloths among the canopy of Monteverde, this 17-day Central American journey through Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua and Costa Rica is perfect for those who like their adventures ‘la forma natural’ (the natural way).
- The stars of this trip are the dramatic and varied landscapes of lush Central America. If you’re thinking active volcanoes, idyllic beaches and emerald jungles – this trip has got you covered.
- Quaint Suchitoto is a contemporary arts hub with a colonial facade. Explore the flower-studded balconies, galleries housed in 19th-century buildings and a lake teeming with thousands of local birds.
- Stray off the beaten track in El Cuco, where the dark-sand beaches are secluded, the surf breaks are pumping, and the sunsets are unforgettable.
- Nicaragua is often neglected by travellers in favour of its neighbours, but their loss is your gain! Travel through Central America’s largest country and discover towns largely untouched by tourism.
- Hike, cycle or zip-line through the steamy cloud forests of Monteverde – there’s so many ways to experience the lush canopies and unique Central American wildlife.