Let Lonely Planet and Intrepid take you on a 12-day highlights experience of Cambodia, beyond the usual tourist bus route. Discover the laidback charm of riverside Kampot, call into the ancient temples at Angkor near Siem Reap, get a taste of Khmer hospitality with a village homestay in Chambok and reflect on Cambodia’s tragic history at the sobering sites of Phnom Penh. With an expert guide bringing the history to life, and plenty of freedom to explore at your own pace – this adventure is much more than a transitional trip through one of South East Asia’s most captivating countries.
- Let a local expert bring Cambodia’s ancient history to life as you temple-hop at the Angkor complex with your small group – one of South East Asia's most stunning attractions.
- A homestay in Chambok puts you right in the heart of everyday village life in Cambodia. Enjoy a delicious dinner cooked by the locals and be treated to a traditional dance performance.
- Uncover another side to southern coastal Cambodia with two nights spent in the riverside hub of Kampot. You’ll have plenty of free time to get to know why this town is on our up-and-coming list.
- Confront the sobering but important Khmer history in Phnom Penh, with included visits to the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum (S21) and the Killing Fields of Choeung Ek.
- Top and tail your Cambodian adventure with time spent in two of South East Asia’s bustling hubs – Bangkok and Ho Chi Minh City. Haven’t been there before? Why not extend your stay in one, or both!