Hit the major sights and sounds of China on a 12-day adventure from Beijing to Hong Kong. See the Great Wall’s Mutianyu section, the Terracotta Warriors in Xi’an, giant pandas in Chengdu, striking limestone karsts in Yangshuo and the harbourside city lights of Hong Kong. Travel with ease on China’s modern high-speed rail network and get up close and personal with local living with a countryside lunch and temple stay. With a knowledgeable small-group leader at the helm, they’ll make sure your China adventure is full of insightful history, delicious cuisine and unforgettable experiences.
- See the heart of China and get under the skin of all of its highlights, made easy with the vast high-speed train network across the country. You’ll be flying!
- Greet your host in a guesthouse near the Great Wall and join in on a dumpling making demonstration for dinner to get ready for your Great Wall hike the next morning.
- Soak in the serenity and fresh mountain air in a temple stay in Mt Qingcheng and connect your mind, body and soul with a meditation session and tai chi class.
- Immerse yourself in the local countryside in the Yangshuo region, exploring the riverbanks and karsts by bike, and stopping by a local home for a freshly prepared lunch.
- Embrace the epicurean delights of China, from a leader-led tour of Xi’an’s Muslim quarter, full of authentic snacks, to the City of Gastronomy, Chengdu, for some local delicacies, including hotpot!