Beginning in the compact capital of Kathmandu, embark on a fulfilling expedition to the mystical lands of Tibet. This 11-day journey will take you through the mountainous passes, past stunning lakes, and into spiritual communities enriched and enlightened by Buddhism. Take a day trip from Kathmandu to explore Nepal’s natural side, explore Tibet’s wondrous capital of Lhasa to be awed by the imposing Potala Palace, and venture high into the hills to Shigatse, notably for the Tashilhunpo Monastery. This peaceful small group trip has adventure written all over it.
- Flanked by the majestic Himalayan Mountains, Kathmandu is nothing short of a legendary destination. Its bustling alleyways are filled with monks, incense, goats and sacred cows, and its temples steeped in symbolism.
- With knowledgeable local guides and others to look after the finer details, it has never been easier to make the journey into the far-fetched and mystical land of Tibet.
- In Lhasa, discover the dazzling former home of the Dalai Lama and the enchanting atmosphere of the pilgrim-filled Jokhang Temple – the holiest in the Tibetan Buddhist world.
- Each leg of a Tibetan road trip seems more incredible than the last. Climb stunning passes, drive along the sides of misty mountains, and take in jaw-dropping views of skies and shimmering lakes.
- Accompany devoted pilgrims on their kora (prayer circuit), spinning prayer wheels on a clockwise walk around the perimeter of the vast Tashilhunpo Monastery.