Breathtaking coastline, lush green landscapes and tranquil temples are only the beginning on this 11-day adventure through tantalising Taiwan. Squeeze between food stalls and medicine pedlars in narrow alleyways. Get behind-the-scenes glimpses (and hands-on experience) in local industries. Taste some of the most innovative dishes in Asia, from oyster omelettes to taro balls. Perhaps best of all? Discover the misty mountains and rugged coastal forests that have captured the attention of so many powers throughout history and earned Taiwan the name ‘the beautiful island’.
- Discover Taiwan’s food culture by collecting oysters in Wangong, sipping black tea at a plantation, cooking farm-fresh spring onion pancakes and touring the island’s only whisky distillery.
- Hike through lush mountain foothills to a 12-tiered pagoda that overlooks Sun Moon Lake, and later kayak on its serene waters.
- Spend time slinging Taiwan’s favourite root vegetable with Taipei’s ‘Sweet Potato Mamas’, local women supporting their families one spud at a time.
- Wonder at Taroko Gorge, then follow the aquamarine river along Shakadang Trail on a hike past marbled cliffs and immense boulders.
- Explore the stalls pilled with dried fruits, herbs and medicines housed in a mixture of modern and historic buildings on Dihua Street.