You could travel for a lifetime in China and there would still be more to explore, taste and experience… but this 12-day tour does a pretty good job of narrowing it down to the essentials. That means big hitters like the Great Wall, the Terracotta Warriors and baby pandas. But it also means sipping tea in people’s Park, tasting street food in Xi’an and chilling in the misty countryside of Yangshuo. Ni hao baby!
- Eat your way through China from Beijing duck to Sichuan pepper, and challenge yourself with authentic local delicacies like silk worms, spicy rabbit head and beer fish.
- Walk the walk on the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall, watching the stones snake as far as the eye can see. If you’d like, you can even toboggan back down!
- Go local every step of the way. See marquee highlights like the Terracotta Warriors with a local guide and sip tea with residents in People’s Park.
- Watch rolly polly baby pandas playing, munching bamboo and generally doing their cute ol' thing at the Panda Breeding Centre.
- Cycling through farms and villages in Yangshuo’s karst-dotted countryside is a trip highlight for many travellers, the perfect way to unwind in between chaotic cities.