Visit two countries that have taken a big leap into the 21st century, where historical old towns and monasteries sit comfortably alongside towering skyscrapers. Stop by one of Europe’s largest open-air rock museums, warm your hands against a mountain that is forever on fire, walk through the gardens of a local Kakheti family and talk about provincial life over a hearty lunch. Uncover the centuries-old recipe for producing Georgian wine and learn how to make your own yogurt. Reconnect with nature on hikes through wooded forests and past the Chaladi glacier. Indulge your inner history buff as wander the ramparts of the Narikala Fortress and learn the secrets of Georgian cheese making. This all-encompassing trip takes you from eccentric Baku, to the lush green slopes of Georgia’s Mestia valley and ancient alleyways of Tbilisi
- Azerbaijan's cosmopolitan capital of Baku is often referred to as the 'new Dubai'. Enjoy a guided walking tour around the city's World Heritage-listed Old Town.
- Mud volcanoes, ancient mosques, lush forests and tall peaks – the Caucasus Mountains will take your breath away.
- Navigate the organised chaos of the farmers markets in Telavi. Your leader will be there to help you order as much fresh fruit, nuts or pigs heads as you desire.
- Journey to the Svaneti region of Georgia, the remote and alluring land of snow-capped mountains, medieval-style tower-houses and a fascinating local dialect.
- Far from a mere sightseeing tour, this trip is active and hands-on. You'll try your hand at preparing delicious local food and have plenty of chances to hike and explore.
- If you love to keep a bit active when you are travelling then this is the trip for you; there is a substantial amount of hiking on this trip through amazing mountain scenery- whats not to love about that?