This journey takes you into the wild west of Mongolia, a place where crystal-clear lakes, snow-capped peaks and giant dunes whisper the legendary stories of nomads and nature. Be mesmerised by khoomii (traditional throat singing), be welcomed into the gers of nomadic families, spot wildlife like ibex, argali sheep and the elusive snow leopard, and join Kazakh eagle hunters at a tight-knit local celebration. Beginning and ending in Ulaanbaatar, this adventure unveils the true spirit of Mongolia’s wild west on an epic road trip with an unimaginably beautiful backdrop.
- Traverse the far west of Mongolia, where the landscape drastically changes from the largest sand dunes in the country to crystal clear lakes and snow-capped mountains.
- Stay with a family in Chandmani, famous for its traditional ‘throat singing’, and immerse yourself in music that captures a love for nature, family and animals.
- Visit a World Heritage-listed petroglyph site with carvings from the Bronze Age and hike to a cave that features rock art painted over 15,000 years ago.
- Join an intimate celebration to open the eagle hunting and falconry season and visit a traditional falconry school to learn about this proud Kazah tradition.
- Stay in traditional gers with local nomads, sharing laughs and learning about life in West Mongolia over milk tea and mutton.