This is an unforgettable expedition into the most mountainous corner of the world. First conquered by Tenzing Norgay and Sir Edmund Hillary in 1953, Everest is the ultimate goal for mountaineers and adventure seekers. Become one of the people who can say they’ve conquered the challenge of reaching Everest Base Camp. Flying into Lukla, explore the mountains and valleys around the towering peak, rest in Nepalese teahouses, visit monasteries, explore the stunning Gokyo Lakes region, learn about the traditions and cultures of the famous Sherpa and spend time in exotic Kathmandu.
In case of weather conditions leading to cancellations or delays in flights, this trip will operate on an alternate itinerary. Please see Day 1 of the itinerary for more details.
- This is one of the world’s great classic treks, with the additional challenge of reaching Gokyo Lakes. Experience breathtaking scenery and the comradery of trekking with a small group as you challenge yourself to reach Base Camp and beyond. You can read more about what to expect here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/everest-base-camp-trek/
- Get your first glimpses of the might Himalayan range on the included flight from Kathmandu to Lukla – surely one of the most dramatically located airports anywhere.
- You’ll be accompanied by an experienced trek leader along with assistant guides and porters, who will not only give you all the support and guidance you need along the way, but also introduce you to the rich local Sherpa culture.
- We operate our treks according to standards that provide respectful, safe and fair working conditions not only in Nepal, but on all our trips globally. For more information on porter welfare, see https://www.intrepidtravel.com/au/porter-policy
- Stay in a lodge near the world’s highest freshwater lake system in Gokyo, sacred to both Hindus and Buddhists and sure to stun any of those lucky enough to see them in person.
- You’ll forget the ache in your body and the chill on your nose the second you’re warming your hands over a bowl of momos, but the memories of Himalayan vistas and the feeling of accomplishment will last a lifetime.
- There’s nothing like the bonds you form with your fellow trekkers and guides – they’ll support you when you’re feel like you can’t go on and be there to pinch you if you can’t believe the views.
- Have the opportunity to support our partnership with Seven Women by taking part in Urban Adventures in Kathmandu before or after your trek – an organisation that socially and economically empowers marginalised women through literacy programs, skills training and income generation. Donations through The Intrepid Foundation are matched dollar for dollar: https://www.theintrepidfoundation.org/seven-women