Fall in love with the Philippines on this 12-day tour, from bustling Manila to glittering coasts and rugged mountains. Begin with a bang in the capital, then change the pace in cruisy San Juan. Learn to surf (or show off pre-existing skills), then leave the beach behind for the mountains of Sagada, where you will discover the hanging coffins attached to the cliff face by the Igorot people. Whether you’re climbing to dizzying heights on cascading rice terraces or drinking rice wine while watching the sunset in El Nido, every moment here is one for the books.
- Get acquainted with the three Bs in San Juan – beach, beers and boards. Your leader can show you the best spot to catch the sunset.
- Check out the hanging coffins on the cliffs of Sagada and learn about the hows and whys of this unique death ritual.
- Navigate the narrow ledges of the Batad Rice Terraces on a morning hike through this towering cascade of bright green paddies.
- Spend a full day island hopping in El Nido – AKA paradise! – exploring lagoons framed by limestone karsts and technicolour coral reefs.
- When you’re travelling in the great outdoors it doesn’t make sense to micro-plan every second. This trip is a perfect mix of included highlights and free time to explore at your own pace.