Pique your interests and satisfy your appetite with a fast-paced and far-flung adventure through the heart of Vietnam and Cambodia. Spend 18 days traversing the diverse South East Asian countryside, through local villages, past stunning coastline and into bustling cities. Beginning in the manic capital of Thailand, Bangkok, you’ll focus your attention on memorable experiences, the local people, and, of course, the delicious cuisine, all the way to Hanoi in Vietnam’s north. An Angkor temple tour here, a Mekong Delta homestay there, and plenty of time to forge your own path – what’s not to love about this fascinating part of the world?
- As well as a guided tour, you’ll also have a three-day Angkor pass to cover your whole time in Siem Reap, so that you can explore this incredible temple complex as much and as often as you like.
- Discover the temple ruins at Sambor Prei Kuk and enjoy a local village homestay to experience everyday life in rural Cambodia.
- Learn the confronting yet important history of Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum (S21) and the Killing Fields of Choeung Ek in Phnom Penh.
- Spend an unforgettable night on a boat in Halong Bay, one of Vietnam’s most remarkable natural wonders, and visit a centre dedicated to turning the bay’s discarded trash into beautiful, handcrafted items.
- Sample local food wherever you go – from a seafood dinner on Halong Bay, a meal at a Buddhist monastery, coconut candy in the Mekong Delta, and dinner at KOTO restaurant, you won’t go hungry!
- Visit some of the must-see sights with your small group on walking tours in Hoi An and the Temple of Literature in Hanoi, as well as plenty of free time to make your own local discoveries.