Discover a land of mouth-watering food, stunning landscapes, fascinating history and incredibly hospitable locals on this Intrepid Premium journey through Northern Thailand. Get to know the innermost essence of Thai culture as you travel from city streets to mountain tops with a local leader, spend time with Lisu and Lahu hill tribes, visit grand temples and moving historical sites.
- See the country through the eyes of a local as you travel with an experienced leader who will share stories, provide historical context, and of course know all the best places to eat.
- Enjoy lunch on a traditional rice barge, eat a barbecue dinner by a campfire in the hills, have a relaxing picnic in the park and see the best of Bangkok’s culinary scene.
- Stay in the beautiful Lisu lodge, a community-based project employing Lisu villagers, immerse yourself in local culture and enjoy creature comforts.
- Support an important animal welfare initiative, speak with local experts and get close to incredible creatures at the Elephant Nature Park.
- Visit the home of the infamous ‘Bridge over the River Kwai’, learn about its dark history and the construction of the railway during the war.