Get a thrill in Central America on this 8-day active adventure through one of the world’s greenest countries: Costa Rica. Cascade down the rapids of the Pacuare River, and later opt to surf the Caribbean waves and hike misty jungle trails in the Monteverde Cloud Forest. Cycle along the Costa Rican coastline at the mellow beach refuge of Puerto Viejo and be free to choose your own adventure everywhere in between. Costa Rica is a country perfect for adventure seekers, and the ecstasies of this expedition are sure to impress even the most seasoned active traveller.
- Swap the concrete jungle for real jungle on a guided hike into the Monteverde Cloud Forest, home to Costa Rica’s amazing range of exotic animals.
- Raft Costa Rica’s Pacuare River – an area ranked in the top five rivers of the world for whitewater rafting. You’ll tackle Class 3 and 4 rapids on an unforgettable river adventure.
- Cycle the quiet palm-fringed roads and drop in at hidden beaches along the Caribbean coast.
- Opt to ride some waves with surfing expedition at a local beach. You’ll be away from the crowds and hanging ten in no time!
- Explore the rich urban centre of capital San Jose, with time before and after your active adventure to really get to know the Costa Rican way of life.
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, World Bicycle Relief. Donations provide school kids, health workers, and farmers in far-out areas with bicycles that provide access to education, healthcare, and income.