This week-long fun, fast and colourful trip through Cuba takes you right to the beating heart of a fiercely independent nation. Cycle through the streets of rocking, retro Havana, swing through Playa Larga for a dip in the crystal-clear Caribbean, soak up the sunshine on the beaches of Trinidad and sip on Cuban cocktails with the locals in Vinales. Your leader will provide you with heaps of local insight, you’ll have fun, included activities to get your bearings and you’ll also get heaps of free time to explore at your own pace and travel your way – do you want to go snorkelling and bike riding or just kick back and people-watch with a churro? It’s up to you! From vintage cars to fragrant cigars and plenty of salsa in between – lose yourself in the rhythm of this emerging Caribbean hotspot.
- Cycle through the culture-soaked streets of Old Havana and immerse yourself in the eclectic history of Cuba’s capital on a half-day walking tour of the city.
- Venture to the village of Vinales, where the small-town charms are many. Spend your time smoking fat cigars with locals and exploring hidden caves in the mountains.
- Enjoy loads of free time – perfectly balanced with included activities and local insight – to kick back on the white sands of Trinidad, go snorkelling among tropical fish or hike the Sierra del Escambray mountains.
- Sip on Cuba’s famous liquor on a visit to a local bar for a rum tasting – as far as the rum world is concerned, Cuba is home to some of the best out there!
- Wander quaint cobblestone streets alongside cowboys, vintage cars and farmers and clock the best-preserved colonial buildings in Cuba – Trinidad is the best spot for photos whether you’re an amateur film photographer or just looking for a new Instagram.
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, Eden Reforestation Projects. Donations help them provide local employment opportunities and tackle climate change one tree at a time as they restore forests across 10 different countries.