Discover the rich artistic heritage, natural attractions and acclaimed cuisine of Croatia, Slovenia and Italy on this ten-day Lonely Planet Experience from Dubrovnik to Venice, powered by Intrepid. Soak up Split’s stunning ocean views, see Dubrovnik’s renowned walled city and wander through the pristine natural beauty of Plitvice Lakes National Park. Get acquainted with Croatia’s capital Zagreb, explore Ljubljana’s Old City and be romanced and entranced by Venice. Taking in both acclaimed landmarks and lesser-known attractions, this trip covers all the bases in some of the Mediterranean’s hottest locations.
- Split is a haven of relaxation and culture. Unwind with a walk along the waterfront promenade and admire the impressive Diocletian's Palace.
- Stroll through Plitvice Lakes National Park, marvelling at luminous lakes and waterfalls that appear to have been sketched by an artist.
- Feast on Mediterranean fresh seafood, Italian-influenced antipasti and the crunchy, doughy dessert of fritule in culinary capital Zagreb.
- Explore the streets, medieval buildings and restored castle of Ljubljana’s charming Old Town on foot. Your local leader will know all of the hotspots, plus the best cafes for a coffee break.
- Romantic Venice is like no other city in the world. Be enamoured with its labyrinth of alleyways and canals, lagoon islands and endless historic attractions, so much so, you may want to extend your stay!