Wind your way down through some of Mediterranean Europe’s most charming towns, beaches and islands on this journey from the Adriatic to the Aegean. Start off with a tour of Dubrovnik’s enchanting walled city before heading south along the spectacular Dalmatian coast to Montenegro. Venture off the tourist trail for a taste of old-time Balkans in Albania and Macedonia, take time out in provincial Syros, and then eat, drink and sunbathe your way through the good times on offer in Mykonos and Santorini. A region of breathtaking scenery, legendary history and ever-enticing cuisine, this journey through Eastern Europe serves up a slice of the Mediterranean with a Balkans backdrop.
- Take a cruise on stunning Lake Ohrid – which straddles the mountainous border between Macedonia and Albania – and watch shorefront villages stream by.
- Albania's pastel-coloured capital Tirana is on the verge of becoming Europe’s next big thing, so pay it a visit before the rest of the world does.
- Head to a remote village outside Syros for a sunset feast of local specialties, all served up in a small taverna that overlooks the Aegean Sea.
- Spend a half-day exploring the ruins that decorate the island of Delos, a living museum of crumbling palaces, columns and statues.
- Take a hike around the rim of the caldera Santorini is built on, walking through little villages, passing steep cliff faces and taking in breathtaking views.