Uncover a world of ancient treasures and authentic food on this indulgent adventure through 4000 years of culinary culture. From the pistachio farms and fish markets of the Saronic Islands to the olive groves and rugged coastline of the Peloponnese region, meet passionate cooks and local producers as you explore the diverse flavours and faces of Greece. Beginning in the historic hub of Athens, cycle through the charming island of Aegina, cook up a storm in a local kitchen in Poros, relax on the beaches of Kardamyli and marvel at the legacy of ancient Greece at the Theatre of Epidaurus and Mycenae’s Treasury of Atreus. With a hearty serving of breathtaking sites and mouth-watering bites, savour iconic Greek flavours from ouzo to olive oil on a real food adventure that’s sure to spoil your senses.
- Strap on your helmet and take a charming bike ride through the island of Aegina. Stop by a pistachio farm to enjoy a tasting and seek out some speciality pistachio sweets.
- Cook up a storm with a local cook in Poros – an island renowned for its lamb and olive groves. Learn to prepare some classic regional dishes, then feast on your creations over dinner.
- Sip ouzo at a family-owned distillery for a taste of this iconic Greek aperitif. Recipes are often closely guarded secrets, and this family have been producing theirs for more than a hundred years.
- Get to the source of Kalamata olive production on a tour of the rugged Mani region. Meet some of the passionate food producers as you visit olive groves and a traditional olive mill, before enjoying a tasting.
- Unwind in the beautiful seaside town of Kardamyli, a stunning village set against a beautiful backdrop of the open ocean, cypress trees, wild olive groves, and distant snow-capped mountains.