Uncover a world of ancient treasures and authentic food on this indulgent adventure through 4000 years of culinary culture. From the pistachio farms and fish markets of the Saronic Islands to the olive groves and rugged coastline of the Peloponnese region, meet passionate cooks and local producers as you explore the diverse flavours and faces of Greece. Beginning in the historic hub of Athens, explore the farms of charming Aegina, cook up a storm in a local kitchen in Poros, relax on the beaches of Kardamyli and marvel at the legacy of ancient Greece at the Theatre of Epidaurus and Mycenae’s Treasury of Atreus. With a hearty serving of breathtaking sites and mouth-watering bites, savour iconic Greek flavours from ouzo to olive oil on a real food adventure that’s sure to spoil your senses.
- Be welcomed into a countryside home and learn how to make lalagia – a delicious Greek doughnut that can be served sweet or savoury – then turn to savoury treats and tuck into a home-cooked Greek feast including moussaka and stuffed vegetables.
- Add to your recipe repertoire as you learn to prepare a selection of traditional dishes from a local chef in Poros – an island renowned for its lamb and olive groves – who’s ready to share their best-kept cooking secrets.
- Mingle with the local producers who are just as passionate about good food and fresh ingredients as you are with visits to a countryside pistachio farm; a small, family-run apiary (a bee yard); and a family-owned distillery for a taste of the iconic Greek aperitif – ouzo.
- Take a step back in time and explore some of Greece’s most incredible sites – including Athens, Aegina and Poros islands, Epidaurus and Mycenae – with your locally based guide leading the way.
- Get a real taste for Greece as you dig into iconic eats like cheese, honey, olives, spit-roasted lamb, moussaka, mezze and lalagia – delicious!