From the melancholy beauty of Venice to the city of Vienna, this 10-day tour takes you on a historical journey through Italy and Austria. Take in breathtaking alpine meadows in Alpe di Siusi and beautifully preserved medieval buildings in Salzburg, indulging in flaky pastries and rich coffee along the way. With a mix of scheduled activities and free time to explore on your own, this trip is the perfect introduction to the charm of central Europe for independent travellers.
- Pedal past villas and vineyards on a bike tour of the South Tyrolean Wine Road, stopping to try some famous local drops along the way.
- Stroll through the picturesque alpine meadows of Alpe de Siusi with a local storyteller as your guide and learn about historical farmer uprisings and witch burnings.
- Watch the sun set over the domes and spires of Salzburg from Hohensalzburg Castle, an 11th-century structure with views of the whole city.
- Explore Bolzano, a medieval city in the hills beneath the Dolomites mountain range that is filled with vineyards and villas.
- This adventure combines the insights and camaraderie of locally-led, small group travel with plenty of free time to explore independently.