Treat your palate to the culinary highlights of the Balkans on this nine-day foodie adventure. Dine on homemade meals and share stories with your hosts in North Macedonia, meet the makers behind famous Njegusi smoked hams in Montenegro and sample the charcuterie of Croatia. Take guided walks in Prizren and Skopje, exploring the cities where Balkan cuisine comes to life, and have ample free time to discover local markets and bazaars. With an expert local guide providing all the restaurant recommendations you could ask for, your Balkans adventure will not leave you hungry!
- Experience an authentic taste of the Balkans and a look at local life when you dine in family homes in Ohrid, Lake Prespa and Dihovo.
- Take in a cooking demonstration in the village of Dolno Dupeni, then get a fresh taste of homemade North Macedonian cuisine.
- See behind the scenes of local produce when you visit a centuries-old smokehouse, an olive mill, an apple farm and meet a local beekeeper for a honey tasting.
- Explore the stunning landscapes and charming cities of the region, discovering the legendary Rozafa Fortress and going on guided tours of Prizren and Skopje.
- Try the most iconic foods of Croatia, Macedonia, Montenegro and Kosovo, including smoked and barbecued meats, cheese, honey, apples and locally produced wine.
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, Humana Zagreb. Donations help provide job opportunities and education programs in sustainable fashion and textiles for people with disabilities.