Immerse yourself in the culinary delights of the Balkans on a 12-day tour through Croatia, Montenegro and North Macedonia. Along your way, stroll through lush national parks, discover quaint villages and see some of the region’s most spiritual sites. Sip a traditional fermented drink – boza – for breakfast, picnic on the banks of the Treska River, master the art of the perfect pastry with the village women of Janche, indulge in a traditional Kosovan barbeque, dine on home-grown produce in the private garden of a Dihovo family and visit a centuries-old olive press outside of Kotor. With curated food and wine experiences plus an expert local guide leading the way, your Balkans Real Food Adventure will not leave you hungry!
- In the small town of Janche, meet with local village women for a cooking class focused on making local flaky pastries – considered a specialty of the region.
- Have a hands-on experience when you meet a local beekeeper for a honey tasting – you’ll be definitely getting the buzz in this master class.
- Discover the wine scene in North Macedonia and how, since ancient times, these fertile lands have produced renowned grapes. You’ll sample the finest drops with a celebrated local expert.
- Learn about a world of hams and cheeses in a centuries-old smokehouse, and discover the ancient processes of making olive oil at a local farm outside of Kotor.
- Throughout your culinary escapade, explore the undulating countryside, stunning landscapes and hidden towns of the Balkans – you’ll gain a true sense of this region with your small group.