Venture into the far reaches of Madagascar on this 11-day journey that reveals the diverse landscapes of one of the most spellbinding countries on the African continent. From the emerald-green crater lakes of the Antsirabe district, to the golden hues of sunset in the Avenue of the Baobabs, experience Madagascar’s rainbow terrain as you leave behind the bustle of Antananarivo and traverse remote paths and waterways into the wild. Experience life along the Tsiribihina Delta on a two-day cruise, see the legendary tombs of the Vazimba people while exploring caves, float down the Manambolo River in a dugout canoe and feel the suspense as you peer down into the vast canyon of the Great Tsingy.
- Witness a spectacular pink and yellow sunset behind towering, 800-year-old trees along the Avenue of the Baobabs in the laid-back seaside town of Morondava.
- Travel along the Tsiribihina River in a traditional barge, stopping to hike to hidden waterfalls, explore remote villages and camp among nature on the banks.
- Trek through a forest of limestone karsts and cross a sheer drop on a suspended bridge at the Great Tsingy, keeping an eye out for native wildlife including 11 species of lemur.
- Float down the meandering Manambolo River in a traditional dugout canoe, wind through a deep gorge and past rocky cliffs, soaking up the tranquil atmosphere.
- Discover the emerald-green waters of Tritiva, an extinct crater surrounded by verdant forest, on a hike through the stunning Antsirabe district.