Malta may be one of the world’s smallest countries, but when it comes to ancient history, natural beauty and compelling culture, it’s in the big league. Uncover the highlights and hidden treasures of Malta and Gozo on a 7-day adventure with a leader to help you see the country through the eyes of a local. Discover what makes Valletta so special, go back in time at the Three Cities and explore the ancient site of Hagar Qim. Jump across to neighbouring Gozo and hike along the coastline, enjoy wine tasting at a local winery and discover its history. One thing’s for sure – this is a place worth raising a toast to.
- Get to really know Valletta during a walking tour with a local guide, then join your leader for explorations of the historic Three Cities, Senglea, Cospicua and Vittoriosa.
- Experience Malta’s tangible history during a visit to the Hagar Qim archaeological site. Dating back as far as 3600 BC, this is one of the oldest religious sites in the world.
- Meet a local family at the Xwejni Salt Pans, dating back to Roman times, and learn how they have been harvesting salt from here for more than 160 years.
- Enjoy a wine tasting with delicious nibbles at a family-ran winery in Gozo, with the most incredible views, where the owners themselves will tell you all about the wine-making process.
- Explore the fortified city of Victoria, Gozo’s capital, paying visits to the medieval citadel, the Gozo Museum of Archaeology, Gran Castello Historic House and Gozo Nature Museum.