Take in the highlights of the sun-kissed splendour of Portugal on an eight-day sightseeing adventure from Porto to Lisbon. Taste port in its birthplace, explore riverfront Coimbra and its historic university, and weave through the verdant countryside all the way to the capital. From the leafy Schist Villages to a traditional Fado show, you’ll be experiencing the best of Portugal’s arts and culture. Oh yes – they have pretty good custard tarts too. Put Portugal on your itinerary today with a small-group journey that gets you to the places you need to see.
- Take a walk through the idyllic coastal city of Porto and understand why the birthplace of fortified wine is renowned for its narrow lanes, charming buildings and delicious cuisine.
- Explore the country’s oldest university when discovering the historic riverfront city of Coimbra – once the capital of Portugal.
- Take in all the highlights of Portugal’s arts and culture scene with an included traditional Fado show in Coimbra.
- Walk through the secluded Schist Villages, hidden between the mountain slopes, and consider the option of an authentic cooking class run by local residents.
- Join your leader in Lisbon for sunset views over a picnic of local cheese and wine – this is European living.