If it’s a gourmet feast you want, a gourmet feast you shall get! This food inspired journey through the Balkans includes visits to salt pans, a truffle farm, wineries, waterfalls, national parks, fishing villages and so much more. Discover why Istria is considered one of the world’s leading producers of quality olive oil, eat Dalmatian-style under a metal bell, raise a glass of Slovenian wine or plum brandy with your small group, and shout ‘zivjeli!’ to the simple, home-style cuisine this region is famous for. Indulge in a traditional barbeque in Kosovo, dine on a home-grown produce in the private garden of a Dihovo family and visit a centuries-old olive press outside of Kotor. Experience next level hospitality on this unforgettable epicurean odyssey.
- Explore the major food regions of Istria and Dalmatia to indulge in cured meats, olive oils, wine, truffles, cheese and more.
- Visit the lush Croatian island of Korcula – surrounded by the sparkling Adriatic and full of local produce, you’ll have time to experience the cuisine and get some well-needed relaxation on one of its many beaches.
- Get to know some of the emerging heroes of the Eastern European wine scene like teran, refosk, grk, marastina and kurtelaska bijela – and try to pronounce them after a few glasses!
- Learn how to make the regional specialty of pastries with local village women in Janche, and meet a local beekeeper and get the buzz on honey in a bee master class.
- Experience a world of hams and cheeses in a centuries-old smokehouse, and olive oil in local farm outside of Kotor.