If it’s a gourmet feast you want, a gourmet feast you shall get! This food inspired journey through the Balkans includes visits to salt pans, a truffle farm, wineries, waterfalls, national parks, fishing villages and so much more. Discover why Istria is considered one of the world’s leading producers of quality olive oil, eat Dalmatian-style under a metal bell, raise a glass of Slovenian wine or plum brandy with your small group, and shout ‘zivjeli!’ to the simple, home-style cuisine this region is famous for. Indulge in a traditional barbeque in Kosovo, dine on home-grown produce in the private garden of a Dihovo family and visit a centuries-old olive press outside of Kotor. Experience next level hospitality on this unforgettable epicurean odyssey.
- Experience an authentic taste of this region and a look at local life when you dine in family homes in Rakovica, Ohrid, Lake Prespa and Dihovo.
- See behind the scenes of local produce when you visit local farms, a centuries-old smokehouse, an olive mill, a Benedictine nunnery and meet a local beekeeper for a honey tasting.
- Take a day trip to the island of Brac and indulge in the finest organic olive oils from the largest olive grove in Croatia, followed by a sugared walnut cake that has become ‘a protected item of intangible heritage’!
- Try the most iconic foods of Slovenia, Croatia, Macedonia, Montenegro and Kosovo, including smoked and barbecued meats, cheese, honey, apples and locally produced wine.
- Learn how to make a hand-formed pasta shape in a Croatian konoba, the greens-filled soparnik with experts in Split, and brightly coloured and flavoured ajvar in Dolno Dupeni.
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, Humana Zagreb. Donations help provide job opportunities and education programs in sustainable fashion and textiles for people with disabilities.