Make your way southbound along the beautiful eastern coastline of Spain on your way from Barcelona to Madrid. This seven-day adventure will be a food and culture lover’s dream, with stops in the birthplace of paella, a trip to a cava winery in the heart of the Catalonian wine region, visits to ancient oceanside amphitheatres, behind-the-scenes looks at the construction of festival statues, and more tapas than you can stomach! Explore Spanish beaches on the edge of the Mediterranean Sea and indulge in locally made churros. There’s a little something for everyone in this Spanish crusade.
- Travel from Barcelona to Madrid along the eastern coast of Spain, taking in Tarragona’s Roman amphitheatre and perhaps an agua de Valencia in Valencia along the way.
- Learn about the history and artistry of the unique Fallas festival of Valencia by meeting a professional artist in their workshop to find out how they construct these intricately detailed statues, often of enormous sizes.
- Enjoy glasses of locally produced cava – a Spanish sparkling wine produced in the Catalonian wine region. Sip on samples while strolling through a vineyard and enjoy a tapas-style lunch of cured meats, cheeses, and other delectable dishes.
- Look out over the Mediterranean Sea and the sprawling ‘City in the Sea’ from the walls of Peniscola Castle. Built on the highest point in the city, it juts out into the ocean on its clifftop position, giving you an uninterrupted view of the city below.
- Savour a Spanish favourite at a Madrid insititution – cinnamon and sugar-dusted churros with velvety chocolate sauce from a churreria that has over a century of expertise.
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, Casa Caridad. Donations help them provide basic needs such as food and shelter for people in need in Valencia.