Turkey by land is full of the mystique of times gone by. But when you explore Turkey by sea, you’re treated to all this, with the addition of stunning coastline and islands. From exploring an ancient, abandoned ghost town on the island of Kayakoy, to picking up some cooking tips from a local in Kekova, there are cultural and historic experiences aplenty. And that’s before you even consider the crystal-clear waters of the Mediterranean Sea that are simply begging you to pop on a snorkel and slide in off the back of your gulet.
- Explore the vibrant city of Istanbul, where east blends beautifully with west, and discover hidden gems on a guided walking tour with your expert local leader.
- Visit Gemiler Island, home to the ruins of an abandoned ghost town. Wander through the remarkable remains of this pretty little village with a spooky history and spectacular views.
- Swim and snorkel in the crystal-blue waters that surround the sunken city of Kekova, then enjoy an afternoon tasting delicious local cuisine.
- Select a fish of your choice from the market in Fethiye before visiting a local restaurant to have it cooked to your liking by the chefs.
- Join your leader for an orientation walk around the ancient town of Kas, which was the centre of Episcopacy in Byzantine times, and discover monumental tombs from Lycian times.