Ukraine may be off the tourist trail, but it certainly piques your interest – a confronting nuclear history, beautiful natural scenery and a charm that permeates through each place you explore. Spend time on this eight-day exploration of Ukraine to meander your way through laneways and boulevards teeming with history, culture and traditional cuisine. You’ll see Chernobyl’s abandoned ghost towns, the Carpathians’ charming villages, and two cities similar in spelling but unique in style: Kiev and Lviv. Put the ‘u’ in Ukraine while you journey the essentials of this far-flung nation.
- Have time to explore Ukraine’s capital, Kiev, at your own pace. With so many museums, cathedrals and historic neighbourhoods to explore, pick and choose to suit your day.
- Wander the eerie streets and among the buildings of the ghost town of Pripyat in the abandoned and devastated Chernobyl Exclusion Zone, on a guided tour.
- Visit Ukraine’s section of the sprawling Carpathian mountain range. Head up high to spot the traditional Hutsul cottages dotted in the fields.
- Interact with a local family on a two-night guesthouse experience in the hills of the Carpathians – staying in traditional accommodation and learning Ukrainian specialties at a cooking class.
- Lviv is a cultural heartland of Eastern Europe – stroll through the cobblestoned Rynok square and appreciate the Polish and Austro-Hungarian influences in its architecture and history.