There’s no denying that many pockets of UK countryside are verdant green naturally spectacular, but Snowdonia National Park takes it to another level. Not too far from Liverpool, take a five-day exploration of north-western Wales, peering up at the mighty Mt Snowdon, visiting Dolbadarn and Caernarfon castles and strolling by the lakes and colourful towns that call this region home. A knowledgeable leader will be with you each step of the way to guide you on your way, and fill your days with Welsh language lessons, traditional meals and some time to explore at your own pace. It’s the UK, but not as you may usually know it.
- Marvel at the mighty peak of Mt Snowdon – the UK’s highest mountain outside Scotland. And with a free morning to book in on the renowned cog railway, you’d be missing out if you didn’t go up at least half the way.
- Join a couple of Welsh locals during your time in Llanberis to not only learn a bit of the region’s culture and language, but also share in a traditional meal to top off the day.
- The picturesque lakes in Snowdonia hug the valleys and towns, and on a guided hike around Llyn Padarn, you’ll witness the true natural beauty of this region of Wales.
- Transfer to Caernarfon where you’ll visit the mighty Caernarfon Castle – a medieval fortress that has stood tall in this position for centuries.
- In Llanberis, take a visit to the Electric Mountain Hydro power station, discovering how these plants harness the energy around. You’ll even check out the inside of the mountain!