Discover what it means to be a true Antarctic explorer on a 14-day expedition to the Great White Continent. On board the sophisticated Ocean Endeavour, gain an insight into wildlife spotting, solar eclipse viewing, photo taking and weather watching with a series of lectures and workshops to make the most out of your voyage. On this special voyage you’ll also be joined by a special guest – none other than eclipse enthusiast and all-round astrophysics, space exploration and geophysics expert John Mason MBE. Aside from the rugged icy landscapes, once-in-a-lifetime wildlife spotting and immersive Zodiac explorations, gear up for the main event: an early morning viewing of a total solar eclipse, captivating all eyes on the main deck. How could you eclipse that?
- Witness a rare total solar eclipse on board the Ocean Endeavour deep in Antarctic oceans. You’ll have onboard experts – including the incredibly enthusiastic and knowledgeable Dr John Mason MBE – to not only explain this natural phenomenon, but also help you snap the perfect shot.
- Get up close and personal with Antarctica’s incredible wildlife – Adelie and gentoo penguins, leopard seals, sea birds, whales and so much more will greet you along the way.
- Hate looking from afar? With custom Zodiac boats to transport you close to the action and ashore on the Antarctic Peninsula, you’ll be waddling with penguins with all the gear (and some idea).
- Discover the sweeping vistas and stunning sunsets of the South Shetland Islands, toasting to your multiple days exploring Antarctic inlets.
- Sea days between Ushuaia and Antarctica aren’t just cooped up in a cabin. Get insider info with a series of presentations from expert guides, as well as an expedition vessel decked out with all the mod cons.