Embark on a compact nine-day journey through Iran. Not only is this fascinating country a world apart from what’s often represented in the international media – it’s a delight to visit in the winter. Discover refined cities, colourful bazaars, ancient Persian ruins, and shimmering deserts. Whether you’re relaxing in a teahouse in Tehran, enjoying guided tours of ancient cultural sites, or hanging out a local board game cafe in Shiraz, the warmth and hospitality of the Iranian people and the profound beauty of their land is mesmerising.
- Be invited into an Esfahan home for dinner and savour traditional, long-simmering and lovingly prepared Iranian dishes along with incredible hospitality.
- Explore the ancient ruins of Persepolis on a guided tour that will take you back in time, to an era when the city was the centre of the ancient world.
- Travelling with a local leader means more opportunities to visit real local hangouts, like a boardgame cafe popular with young folk in Shiraz where you spend a night mingling.
- Learn some of the secrets of Iranian cuisine during a hand-on cooking lesson in Shiraz, crafting dishes using local ingredients.
- Wander alleyways lined with mud-brick buildings in Yazd and wonder at ingenious windcatchers – high, hollow towers that provide ventilation to the traditional buildings in this dry desert city.