Ever thought of Iran as a country of historic significance, natural beauty and cultural diversity? Wonder no longer with a nine-day Iranian adventure covering the northwest of this ancient land. Beginning in Tehran, discover the sloped village of Masouleh in Gilan Province, explore architectural wonders including the Soltanyeh Dome and Tabriz’s Blue Mosque, wander some seriously old bazaars and make your way into neighbouring Azerbaijan for a peek at its highlights. It’s proud history, ancient archaeology and traditional hospitality all wrapped into one – something that may be out of your comfort zone but is oh so fascinating to experience.
- Get your heart rate up with a hike to Rudkhan Castle and the sloped village of Masouleh in Gilan Province, discovering the natural beauty that surrounds this crumbling history.
- Explore the architectural wonder of Soltanyeh Dome (Gonbad-e Soltaniyeh) in Zanjan, housing the mausoleum of Mongol ruler Il-Khan Olijaytu.
- Get lost in the Grand Bazaar of Tabriz – one of the oldest bazaars in the Middle East, which forms a major commercial centre for the ancient Silk Road.
- With rock carvings and engravings dating back over 20,000 years, the Gobustan National Park is rich with archaeological monuments and images of prehistoric life in the Caucasus.
- Discover a cosmopolitan Baku, with diverse history of ancient dynasties coupled with the modern characteristics of a global city. You’ll need some extra time to experience all it has to offer!