Uncover diverse perspectives in Israel and the Palestinian Territories on this eight-day Women’s Expedition. With local female leaders and guides from Israeli, Palestinian and Bedouin backgrounds this tour will immerse you in some of the different cultures of the region through the eyes of incredible women. Meet Palestinian peace activists, break bread with Bedouin women and learn about Israeli women working to secure the right to pray at the Western Wall. Travelling in an all-female group means you can access spaces that are off-limits to mixed-gender groups and be part of cultural and religious discussions in an entirely new way.
- Visit female artists in Arad where the local community has developed a social tourism project that highlights what life is like on the edge of the Judaean Desert.
- Take a tour with a local peace activist as she shows you the West Bank city of Ramallah. Then enjoy a home-cooked meal and discussion with activists from the Women Wage Peace organisation.
- Immerse yourself in Bedouin culture and discover the secret art of henna, then enjoy lunch and discussion with Bedouin women involved in grassroots activities creating opportunities in tourism and agriculture.
- Explore historical sites of Jerusalem on a unique dual-narrative tour, with female guides – one Israeli and one Palestinian – giving their perspectives on life in the city.
- Check out the graffiti at the Separation Barrier to see how street artists have responded to the wall, and visit Banksy’s controversial Walled Off Hotel.