Welcome to Israel and the Palestinian Territories, the land of ancient cultures, biblical treasures, thriving cities and delicious local cuisine. Journey from Jerusalem to Tel Aviv with an experienced local leader and gain an understanding of the region’s diverse viewpoints. Meet with a refugee family, local business owners and a geopolitical expert along the way. Get a taste of local life with a number of authentic food experiences, and visit major religious and historical sites with insights from local experts. Discover a country with a beautifully preserved past and a vibrant beating heart.
- Experience some of the world’s most renowned religious sites – the Church of the Annunciation, the Church of the Nativity, Via Dolorosa, Qumran and the Western Wall.
- Explore the hilltop fortress of Masada overlooking the vast Dead Sea, and venture down into the valley for a gravity-defying swim in its salty waters.
- Gain an unmatched understanding of the area while travelling with an experienced local leader and spending time with the people who call this region home.
- Learn about life for those who live in a refugee camp as you whip up authentic Palestinian dishes with the families of those who were forced to leave their villages during the 1949 Israeli-Arab war.
- Be part of Haifa’s past during your Feature Stay. More than 100 years old, The Colony Hotel Haifa is located in the city’s historic district, just 300m from the UNESCO listed Baha’i Gardens.
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, Eden Reforestation Projects. Donations help them provide local employment opportunities and tackle climate change one tree at a time as they restore forests across 10 different countries.