There’s no doubt that Jordan’s ancient wonders and desert landscapes are absolutely remarkable, but any local will tell you one of the country’s greatest pleasures is its food – so pull up a chair, share dishes and make memories on this 6-day adventure for food lovers. Discover Jordan’s diverse heritage at tables across the country, float in the mineral-rich waters of the Dead Sea, zip through Wadi Rum on a jeep safari, and uncover the majesty of Petra. Be welcomed into local homes for dinner, have breakfast with a shepherd, learn cherished family recipes during a cooking class, and dine with a Bedouin community in the desert.
- Let three sisters share their grandmother’s traditional recipes with you during a hands-on cooking class in Amman. Learn how to make a tasty maqluba, one of Jordan’s most beloved dishes.
- Learn about life in Petra when you sit down with a local family for a hearty serving of mansaf, delicious lamb with fermented, dried yoghurt sauce.
- Uncover ancient traditions and flavours with a Jordanian shepherd over a typical mezze breakfast, a chance to learn about life in the countryside.
- Marvel at the majesty of Petra on a guided tour, speed through the desert on a jeep safari in Wadi Rum and float in the salty waters of the Dead Sea, the lowest point on earth.
- Get to know Jordanian food, beyond hummus. This adventure introduces you to authentic dishes like falafel, mansaf, maqluba, knafeh, labneh, kibbeh, khubz and zarb.