Discover one of the jewels of the Middle East with a week in Jordan – home to one of the Seven Wonders of the World. Kick off your adventure in Amman, where you can find hidden bars and delicious falafel, then head on to Wadi Rum to hike, watch the sunrise and explore the land in a 4WD. Witness the awe-inspiring site of Petra and soak away your worries in the Dead Sea. Head back to Amman’s satellite city of Madaba to end it all among beautiful mosaics. Your week-long journey takes you to the best places and gives you enough time to dive straight into the history, culture and delicious food that this region is known for.
- Only Petra’s Treasury – one of the Seven Wonders of the World – is stunning enough to be the temple of the Holy Grail. Your pass to this sacred site lasts two full days so that you can explore every nook and cranny at your own pace.
- See the lowest point on earth – the Dead Sea – and float in its famously salty waters, soaking up its healing minerals and lathering yourself in the rejuvenating mud (if the mood strikes).
- Sleep under the stars at a Bedouin-style camp in Wadi Rum with all the creature comforts, waking for a stunning sunrise and a thrill-seeking 4WD adventure.
- Take a guided walk around Amman to learn about the city’s diverse history (and also to stake out where to get the best falafel and hummus).
- Get a taste of the ancient and modern sides of Jordan with loads of free time – just ask your knowledgeable local leader, who’s always ready to answer every question and provide the best local tips.
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, Animal Care in Egypt. Donations help them care for sick or injured working animals, like horses and donkeys, and help empower local communities with the knowledge and training to better care for their animals.