It’s small, it’s safe and it’s surprising – welcome to the Middle East’s best snubber of convention. Kick off holiday times in Amman, head on to Wadi Rum and the awe-inspiring site of Petra, stop by the Dead Sea for a swim, and head back to Amman’s satellite city of Madaba. Your seven-day highlights adventure of Jordan takes you to the best places and gives you enough time to dive straight into the history, culture and delicious food that this region is known for. Let your inner Arabian knight come to life by discovering the cultural highlights and hidden secrets of Jordan.
- Take a guided walk of Amman with your leader to learn about the city’s diverse history, and also to stake out where to get the best falafel.
- Sleep under the stars at a Bedouin-style camp with all the creature comforts, waking for a stunning sunrise and a thrill-seeking 4WD adventure.
- Only Petra’s Treasury is stunning enough to be the temple of the Holy Grail (well, according to Indiana Jones at least), and you’ll be blown away on two days exploring the majesty of this wonder.
- Check out the intricate mosaic map at St Georges Church in Madaba, and perhaps have a go at making your own tiled creation!
- Get a taste of the ancient and modern sides of Jordan with your enthusiastic and knowledgeable local leader, ready to answer every question and provide the best local tips.