Discover a place of natural beauty, creativity and rich culture on a 10-day journey through New Zealand’s North Island. Kick things off in animated Auckland before heading south to dip your toes in the Pacific Ocean and hike through the greenery of Coromandel Forest Park. Sink into natural hot pools in Rotorua, marvel at the massive Lake Taupo, explore the varied landscapes of Tongariro National Park and sip local wine in Napier. From Maori culture to otherworldly wonders, this is an island worth getting to know.
- Come face to face with unforgettable natural wonders during a day in Tongariro National Park, where you can hike, mountain bike or soar overhead in New Zealand’s largest gondola.
- Discover the famous sulphur hot pools of Rotorua, then sit down to a dinner you won’t forget – a traditional Maori hangi meal cooked underground with hot stones.
- Hike through the beautiful Coromandel Forest Park, passing through native bush and taking in showstopping views of the Kauaeranga Valley, Hauraki Plains and Billygoat Basin.
- Learn the history and traditions of Maori tribes in Waimarama as you join a local Maori guide for an exploration of the region.
- Taste the best of Napier during visits to three local wineries; sip fantastic local wines accompanied with regional food platters and soak in beautiful views while you’re at it.