This is natural beauty on the biggest scale – soaring volcanoes, vast lakes and never-ending caves. Spend eight incredible days exploring the best of New Zealand’s North Island with the guidance of a passionate local leader. On a journey from Auckland to Wellington, sip local wine on Waiheke Island, explore the mythical world of Hobbiton, marvel at the geothermal delights of Rotorua, relax on the shores of Lake Taupo, explore the volcanic landscapes of Tongariro and sail across Wellington Harbor. This is an adventure that surprises at every turn.
- Sip your way around Waiheke Island off the shores of Auckland, visiting three cellar doors to learn about their production methods and sample their goods.
- Enter a magical underground world at the Waitomo Glow Worm Caves, taking a guided tour to discover stalactites, stalagmites, waterfalls and luminous glow worms.
- Explore Middle-earth during a fascinating tour of Hobbiton, where the iconic Lord of the Rings movies were shot.
- Uncover the geothermal wonders of Rotorua during a guided visit to Te Puia, home to hot springs, geysers, mud pools, a Maori art gallery and a kiwi conservation centre.
- Be amazed by Tongariro National Park as you spend the day exploring its volcanic landscapes, then retire to your chateau-style feature stay.
- Cruise across Wellington Harbor on your own private catamaran.