Immerse yourself in New Zealand’s best nature with this 4-day, short but super sweet walking trip. Base yourself in Te Anau, the gateway to Fiordland National Park and the famed Milford Sound – and explore at your own pace. Take on some of the South Island’s most gorgeous hiking trails and wander atop mountain peaks, through lush rainforests and by shimmering lakes like Lake Manapouri and Lake Ada. Witness the majesty of Milford Sound – on foot and boat – and look out for fur seals, bottleneck dolphins and numerous cascading waterfalls. Brave high swing bridges with beech forest views, listen to the birdsong of tuis, bellbirds and kereru and breathe in some of the freshest air in the world.
- Walk through some of New Zealand’s most beautiful South Island landscapes and enjoy all the included highlights alongside lots of free time, to rest, relax and explore at your own pace.
- Enjoy the natural scenery from an e-bike and feel the wind in your hair as you cycle towards the gorgeous Lake Manapouri.
- Explore the famed Milford Sound – nicknamed the world’s eighth wonder – by foot and ship. Hike to the cascades of Giant Gate Falls and then enjoy a small boat cruise on the sound. Look out for seals and dolphins!
- Take the option to discover the Te Anau Glow Worm Caves by boat and learn all about these fascinating bioluminescent creatures and their ecosystem from a local guide.
- Hike to towering summits like Key Summit or Greenstone Valley through surrounding beech forest, rainforest, expansive lakes and rolling hillsides – Middle Earth is calling.
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll learn about our Intrepid Foundation partner, Forest & Bird. Donations help them give nature a voice - protecting wildlife and wild places in Aotearoa New Zealand by advocating for conservation on the ground and at a government level. Intrepid will double the impact by dollar-matching all post-trip donations made to The Intrepid Foundation.