This is Canada like you’ve never seen it before – cliffs soar into the sky, wind roars through wild landscapes and human history stretches back thousands of years. Set off on a 12-day cruise on the Ocean Endeavour, navigating the island’s varied and vast coastline while accompanied by a passionate team of expert guides. In contrast to the rugged, stark landscapes, get acquainted with charming towns and locals who radiate warmth, and discover the region’s First Nations culture. Whether you’re looking for wildlife, inspiring scenery or deep-rooted history, you’re sure to find it in Newfoundland.
- On board the comfortable Ocean Endeavour ship, navigate the wild and beautiful coastline of Canada’s Newfoundland accompanied by an expert team of guides who will bring the landscape to life.
- Take a deep dive into the region’s history during a visit to the 1000-year-old Norse settlement of L’Anse aux Meadows and the historic Red Bay Basque Whaling Station – both UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- When you’re not cruising Canada’s waters, hop off the ship and explore the spectacular Gros Morne National Park on foot, taking in unique topography and formations as you go.
- Experience Newfoundland’s First Nations culture and history at the Miawpukek Mi'kamawey Mawi'omi First Nation Reserve, where you’ll discover how tradition and modern life go hand in hand.
- A world away from the remote communities of Newfoundland, visit the islands of St-Pierre and Miquelon – this official territory of France delights with its European-style streets lined with charming shops, cafes and houses.