Travel by road and by sea on the west coast of Canada with a 5-day summer adventure from Vancouver to the Sunshine Coast. Less well-known than many of its other natural counterparts in BC and Alberta, the Sunshine Coast has much to offer a North American explorer – and on this tour, with some cushy inclusions as standard. Your knowledgeable leader will introduce you to this stretch of land hugging the Georgia Strait, where quaint seaside communities and lush wilderness await. Ferry across the Strait on several scenic rides, hike the Sunshine Coast and Willingdon Beach trails and discover the rush and roar of the Skookumchuk Tidal Rapids, all while enjoying Canada’s long summer days.
- Soak up the warm, summertime rays of British Columbia’s Sunshine Coast, named for the 2400 hours of sunshine it receives every year.
- With fewer visitors than nearby Vancouver Island and other parts of BC, this ferry-access-only region will have you feeling like you’re escaping the normal summer crowds for something entirely new.
- You’ll not only experience south-western Canada by land, but also by sea. Voyage on a number of short ferry journeys that will provide some pretty epic vistas.
- Embark on several scenic leader-led hikes, including along the Sunshine Coast and Willingdon Beach trails, and to check out the mighty Skookumchuk Tidal Rapids.
- With all the ferry bookings taken care of and private transport arranged, you won’t have to stress about a thing. Your mind will be focused on finding the next place to eat or whether to book an optional kayaking adventure.