Take to the road and sea on the west coast of Canada with a five-day winter adventure from Vancouver. Your knowledgeable leader will introduce you to the Sunshine Coast – a stretch of land that hugs the Georgia Strait and houses quaint seaside communities and a whole load of wilderness to explore. Through your exploration, ferry across the Strait on a number of scenic rides, hike the Sunshine Coast and Willingdon Beach trails and discover the rush and roar of the Skookumchuk Tidal Rapids. This area may be less known that its other natural counterparts in BC and Alberta, but has so much to offer a North American explorer with some cushy inclusions as standard. Are you ready to witness its wonder?
- Being less visited than the neighbouring Vancouver Island and other sections of BC, you’ll feel you’re hitting on something new in Canada. The Sunshine Coast is a stretch of coastline on the up.
- You’ll not only experience south-western Canada by land, but also by sea. Voyage on a number of short ferry journeys which will get you from a to b, and in the meantime, provide some pretty epic vistas.
- Embark on several scenic leader-led hikes, including along the Sunshine Coast and Willingdon Beach trails, and to check out the mighty Skookumchuk Tidal Rapids.
- In the small community of Powell Island, gather with your group for an included beer tasting session and light dinner. It’s just as if you were joining the locals, so cheers!
- With all of the ferry bookings taken care of and private transport arranged, you won’t have to stress about a thing. Your mind will be focused on finding the next place to eat or whether or not to book an optional kayaking adventure.