Dive into Central America on this 47-day adventure, bookended by two chaotic capitals and filled with fun, adventure and culture. Journey through Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua and Costa Rica on an epic adventure through the tantalising highlights of the region. Get acquainted with Central American cultures, spectacular landscapes and fascinating histories as you explore the wealth of ancient ruins, spot the range of unusual wildlife and relax on idyllic Caribbean shores. This is one of our longest adventures through Central America – a trip that zig-zags from the top of the continent to the bottom and delivers you with stories to tell and a tan to show off.
- This is one of our most extensive trips in Central America, hitting more than 20 destinations and introducing you to the cities, villages and myriad cultures of seven countries.
- Your local craft fair just won’t feel the same after you’ve experienced Chichicastenango, a colourful Guatemalan market that draws thousands of vendors from the surrounding mountain villages.
- Chichen Itza is one the New Seven Wonders of the World – find out why. Strolling around the ancient Maya ruins feels pretty wondrous.
- A few days on Caye Caulker provides the perfect opportunity to enjoy Belizean island vibes, beachside beers and optional snorkelling, the perfect (almost) halfway point for this epic adventure.
- Discover the jungle Costa Rica is famous for during a stay in Monteverde, a misty rainforest area home to sloths, hummingbirds, white-faced monkeys and tapirs among hundreds more animal species.